- Princeton Theological Seminary, M. Div., Social Ethics and Public Policy Concentration (1998)
- Morehouse College, B.A., Religion and Society (1995)
Selected Professional Experience
- Greenlining Realty USA, Principal
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer
- Chicago Urban League, Youth Development Initiative, Director
- Redeem the Dream March on Washington, DC, National Coordinator
Under Business and Civic Associations
- American Red Cross, National Diversity Advisory Council, Chairman Emeritus
- American Heart Association, Greater Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Board, Member
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Life Member
- Morehouse College National Alumni Association, Member
- Chicago 2016 Olympic Bid Committee, Member
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Washington Government Relations Group, Member
- Washington Board of Trade, Member
Under Philanthropy and Advocacy
- Miles College Board of Trustees, Member
- Morehouse College Board of Trustees, Visitor
- National Action Network Board of Directors, Member
- National Urban League Board of Directors, Member
- Rainbow PUSH Board of Directors, Member
- The Crisis Publishing Company Board of Directors, Member
- Life Pieces to Masterpieces Board of Trustees, Former Member
- Elmhurst College Board of Trustees, Former Member
Selected Honors, Awards, and Speeches
- Washington Government Relations Group, President’s Award for Career Achievement, 2013
- National Action Network, Keepers of the Dream Entrepreneurial Award, 2011
- Morehouse College, Homecoming Crown Forum, Keynote Speaker, 2011
- Children’s National Medical Center, Serving the Nation’s Children Award, 2011
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Remembrance Event Keynote Speaker, 2008
- Ebony Magazine, “30 Leaders of the Future, 30 and Under”, 1998
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Lamell McMorris is the founder and CEO of the Washington, DC based companies, Perennial Strategy Group and Perennial Sports and Entertainment. In his work, Mr. McMorris offers strategic insight and external affairs services to some of the nation's leading decision-makers in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Additionally, he manages an in-house team of experienced government and public relations professionals, lawyers, and sports agents, offering a multitude of services to clients in a wide range of disciplines and specialty areas.
Mr. McMorris's unparalleled expertise in government and community affairs, strategic consulting, political campaigns, policy-making, grassroots advocacy, and broad-based coalition building has earned the Perennial companies acclaim inside the beltway and around the nation. Under Mr. McMorris's stewardship, the Perennial companies have developed deep and sustained relationships with influential leaders and decision makers across a wide range of constituencies.
In serving its clients, Perennial Strategy Group (PSG) draws on expansive relationships with federal elected officials, federal agencies, state and local governments, and local and national nonprofits. Mr. McMorris utilizes his experience in government relations at the local and federal level, public affairs, crisis management, and corporate social responsibility to design strategic events, government relations plans, advocacy campaigns, and results-driven initiatives for PSG's clients.
In recent years, through the Perennial Law Group which he also founded, Mr. McMorris served as the lead negotiator for the Major League Baseball Umpires Union and the National Basketball Association's Referees Union, where he played a key role in shaping collective bargaining agreements between the officials and their respective leagues.
He is an active and effective fundraiser, and, drawing on his wide network of prominent athletes, entertainers, and activists, has driven Perennial to raise significant financial contributions for charitable causes across the nation. Feature pieces about McMorris and Perennial have appeared in The New York Times, on ESPN, and in Referee: The Magazine for Sports Officials.
Mr. McMorris is a lifelong advocate for those less fortunate than himself and is constantly looking to help improve the condition of our nation's most disadvantaged communities. He serves on the boards of numerous civil rights organizations and volunteers his time with several youth service and mentoring organizations. For his service, charisma, and dedication, Mr. McMorris is frequently honored by advocacy and nonprofit organizations and invited to speak at a wide range of conferences and events.