Federal & State Advocacy
Our government relations practitioners have the experience and relationships to mobilize the many forces in our nation’s capital to achieve our clients’ objectives. Perennial’s professionals are well positioned to provide political, legislative, and regulatory guidance on the most important issues before U.S. Congress and the Executive Branch. Our policy expertise includes banking and financial services, international trade, tax, government contracting, gambling, community and economic development, Veteran’s issues, regulatory and rulemaking process, federal appropriations, and the grant-making process.
We specialize in providing clients with expert advice and strategic counsel in several areas to address a broad range of issues and better position them for success in the political arena and the general marketplace. These areas include:
- Translating complex public policy initiatives and crafting strategies with bipartisan appeal to reach targeted audiences and achieve a legislative agenda in line with our clients' interests.
- Identifying and obtaining financial support through the federal appropriations and grant-making process.
- Tracking legislative and regulatory developments and ensuring that our clients' views and positions are sufficiently addressed in pending legislation before U.S. Congress or in Executive Branch policy.
- Providing guidance and counseling to financial institutions on the implementation of policies advanced in U.S. Congress and Executive Branch, including the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Emergency Economic Stabilization Act (EESA), and Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
- Providing application or policy guidance to secure investments for community development organizations and financial institutions in the form of grants, loans, and equity investments through various federal programs.